Happy New Year! - Plans for 2017!
about 2 years ago
– Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 09:27:30 PM
So here is a quick New Year video update and a quick outline of what we have planned.
A quick summary if you will:
1) THANK YOU
2) NO SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU
3) Creative Tier backers (looking at you, MedTek, Codexi, Lossitaar, Lord Hunter / Huntress and Biomodus of Legend backers), you guys need to respond to the BackerKit surveys so I can start work on your submissions!
4) We are going to be attending the following conventions: RyanCon in January, DunDraCon in February, KublaCon in May and TennoCon in July (we think). NOTE: I am also looking at attending Save Against Fear in PA, but that is still up in the air right now.)
5) Got some changes to Configurations and the Health / Damage system coming down the pipeline. Stay tuned for Playtest Version 6 for our backers!
6) NO SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH
Have a great New Year, folks!
May The Engineer Bless Us... Everyone!
about 2 years ago
– Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 05:46:34 PM
So this year has been quite an eventful one, and with the loss of so many legends, worldwide politics turning people against one another and the ever-increasing level of anxiety from countless other conflicts around the globe, it would be very easy to write this whole year off as a complete loss for some.
Not for me.
2016 was the year where you all helped make a dream become a reality. This was the year when Project Biomodus found many of its greatest backers and supporters and where a concept of a game became a real, tangible product. It’s because of you that I can look back on all the other craptastic events of the year and none of them were big enough to drag down the success and joy that came with seeing that email; proudly stating that Project Biomodus was successfully funded.
Now, in the holiday season, we look back and we pull out those things we are thankful for.
For me, that was you folks. You made this year a success. You brought it in, when things were looking bad.
You guys are my inspiration to make 2017 a much better year.
Thank you all for your generosity, support and friendship over the year! May you and yours have a wonderful, joy-filled Holiday Season. Eat food, drink... stuff (depending on your tastes), and give freely of your warmth to everyone you meet.
Merry Christmas, with much love,
Joseph ‘BEAR’ Thompson
Happy Thanksgiving! - <3
about 2 years ago
– Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:57:27 PM
This year has been a bit of a crazy one, I am sure you will all agree, but there is one thing that makes 2016 rival all other years for me, and that is the love and support we have had for Project Biomodus. Thanks to all of you, Project Biomodus is going from concept to testing and now into full-steam production.
Project Biomodus has been an intense journey for many of us. There have been ups and downs, tension and joy, and a variety of other emotional states that are either too eclectic or overly soppy for me to detail here, but ultimately, there is gratitude.
Because of you all, this dream has become a reality. Because of you this game grows and flourishes. Because of you, a community of awesome, supportive players has been born. For all of this, I cannot be more thankful of the wonderful people who backed, played and supported us – all the way back in our early development, to people who are just signing up to pre-order the game, post-campaign.
Thanksgiving is typically an American holiday on this day (I know you Canadians got the jump on it a few weeks back), but I want to let you know that across the world, whatever time zone you are in, you are all in my thoughts and thanks for supporting us through this period of development.
Happy thanksgiving folks!
Joseph 'Bear' Thompson | Creative Director
BackerKit surveys heading out today! - Please read for important information!
about 2 years ago
– Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 02:31:01 PM
Good Morning all!
So the Kickstarter funds have been successfully processed, and now we are ready to send out your backer surveys!
The surveys are being sent through BackerKit, as they are pretty much the standard way of helping creators keep track of their backers, as well as allowing more people to add to the funding and development of the project after the initial campaign has ended.
Here are some things you should know:
1) IMPORTANT NOTE: Shipping – The way BackerKit works is similar to Kickstarter. Shipping is charged based on location, and BackerKit mimics the process here. When you get your survey, your pledge will be listed at the base level, and your shipping (if applicable) will be added to the pledge during the survey.
The way it displays initially shows your payment for the pledge, and the extra money added by Kickstarter for shipping is listed as ‘Additional Credit’. When you go through to the shipping section, this additional credit will be used to cover the shipping costs. If you want to add on anything else at this point, you can do so through BackerKit and new shipping totals will be calculated.
If you added an amount to your pledge to cover an Add-On already, that will also be listed as additional credit for you to use towards claiming your Add-On. The survey is pretty straightforward, but if you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
2) It is -not- mandatory to use BackerKit. You can send me a message through KS or through Discord to get me your information, but BackerKit helps me keep it all in one place and can really make sure that your shipping information is good. Trust me, it helps a bunch.
3) People who have creative tiers have a spot in their surveys to give some brief outlines of what they want to design. This is the beginning of the design process only, and we shall be in touch with you to get a more solid design together. Those of you who have Monsters, Equipment or the ever-valuable NPC’s will be involved in the artistic design process too. For use to be able to do that, you will need to provide some method for us to contact you.
This can be either KS, Skype, Discord or some other means, but we ask that it be a way for us to contact you via the internet, and not something limited to voice such as a phone number. Those of you who will be attending Cons and other events where Project Biomodus is present, are also free to sit down with myself in person and hash it out. Hell, I’ll buy you a drink and give you a hug, too. No charge.
4) BackerKit also provides new supporters with a chance to get the books and Add-Ons available during the Kickstarter Campaign, but they will be at the non-discounted price offered to Kickstarter Backers. You guys came out early to help make this thing a reality, and so the ‘pre-order’ version will be at retail price.
5) If you backed Project Biomodus at a lower level and you wish to increase it, please contact me through a message here or on our Discord channel to change your pledge level. Add-Ons are still available to you through the site, so be sure to review your pledges and make sure they include everything you want.
6) Keep an eye on your emails! Check your spam and if you signed into Kickstarter with Facebook, make sure the email address listed on Facebook is the right one. If you need any changes made, please contact me ASAP.
Lastly, thank you all again for making this game a reality.
All of you pledging your money, time, interest and faith is the kind of reward that too many people take for granted. I am incredibly moved an honored that we have such a flourishing and growing community of players, and I look forward to seeing it grow even further.
Hear from you all soon!
Joseph Thompson | Creative Director
WE DID IT! WE ARE FUNDED!
about 2 years ago
– Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 12:59:12 AM
GOOD GOLLY BIOMODI, WE DID IT!
Not only did we reach the $12,000 goal for Project Biomodus to become successfully funded, but we exceeded it by $1035 dollars for a grand-bloody-total of $13,035!
252 people came together to show their love for the project, donated their time, their funds and their faith in something we have worked on for a long time, and now it can become as glorious as we had envisioned!
So whats next?
Well, for me, I am going to get some sleep. With our flagship Kickstarter over, perhaps my adrenal glands will kick it down a notch and my brain can finally let me sleep.
In seriousness, we are going to piece together our BackerKit site, and in the next couple of weeks, surveys are going to be sent out to backers to start the process of getting your your books, PDF's and other goodies together and your details ready for things like shipment and the like.
For those of you wonderful buggers pledging at the level which grants you a creative tier, you will be getting a questionnaire asking you to give a rough outline of the things you wish to add, then I will be in contact with you all one at a time to discuss it in detail and work out the specifics.
Once all this is done, the hard work begins The final aspects of the game are going to be put in place and art is going to be sourced for the book where some of the in-house art lacks in either quality or expertise. Environmental art is going to be a big one here, so if any of you know people in the industry that may be looking to break into RPG art, then you should have them contact me via the discord channel!
Speaking of Discord, your surveys will give you a link to your appropriate groups!
Finally, please make sure that your payment details are up to date and your cards used to make your pledge will process correctly. Once I have more information, I will post up updates and we can start the final stretch of our long road.
I want to send out a very special thank you to The various members of the Warframe community that really hit the pavement hard for Project Biomodus in the last 24 hours. YouTubers, Players and even the Developers all had a hand in this huge success and I am honored to be part of such a community. Many of you come from that community and it really warms me to see so many of you backing our baby here.
Thank you. Thank you to all of you.
I could not be more excited and proud right now!
Joseph 'Bear' Thompson | TAPM Systems
Proud Parent of a newly funded RPG.